Introduction Gifty Enright
Gifty Enright is an author, speaker, and women in the workplace expert with over 30 years of corporate experience. Her lecture focuses on gender-based traps that women encounter in the workplace, highlighting the importance of being aware and navigating them effectively. The lecture is interactive, with participation and practice exercises, providing examples and guidance on how to identify these traps and respond to them.
- Introduce yourself
- Hello. I'm gift. Ian Wright. I am an author, Speaker and women in the workplace Expert. I have got something like 30 years over 30 years, actually corporate experience. I have led several global transformation programmes and I have mentored and coached countless women through different stages of their career. And this is what led me to write a book about my experiences.
- What is your Leqture about?
- my lecture is about gender based traps the women fall into in the workplace. Um, and it's important for women to be aware of these traps. Otherwise, before you know where your career is being burned to a frazzle and you yourself burnt out. So firstly, to know what these traps are so you can navigate them effectively, Um, and also what to do to support other women if you find them struggling, um, and how to recruit allies so that they can help you and you can all be supportive of each other.
- How is your Leqture interactive?
- Well, I love lots of participation, Um, in my talk. So what we're going to do in this lecture is to be able to identify scenarios. So, um, I will give you different scenarios, and you will be able to know when to recognise that there's a trap and also, um, responses that you need to come up with in these, um, instances. So you know exactly what to do. So we're going to practise that, and I'll give you lots and lots of examples for you to be able to aid Identify what these traps are, what to do in those scenarios, uh, and even wordings to you so that you're not out there trying to, um, struggle with the communication aspect of it.