Duncan McLennan, Senior Product Manager at Avidbots
Duncan McLennan, Senior Product Manager at Avidbots, discusses their new floor cleaning robot called CASS. CASS delivers commercial-grade cleaning with a focus on productivity, safety, and sustainability. The robot is powered by an emissions-free battery, uses environmentally friendly materials, and has a long product life. Safety training and remote assistance are also provided for workers using the robot.
- Introduce yourself, your role and your involvement with your product.
- Hi, my name is Duncan mclennan, senior product manager at Avid Bots. I help companies adopt robotics and integrate them into their businesses. My focus is on understanding their problems and needs and designing solutions to address them. I am excited to be leading the product development of Avid Bot's newest autonomous Floor Grover.
- What is your product?
- Our new floor cleaning robot CASS delivers consistent commercial grade cleaning to help keep spaces healthy, safe and looking great. It's designed for a long cleaning cycle, close edge following and easy maintenance and delivers high productivity scrubbing. Avid bot's proprietary autonomy system, specially tailored for tight space navigation makes CASS smart and responsive. The robot's flexible, familiar and user friendly design makes CASS a great cleaning companion.
- What makes your product innovative?
- C provides productivity and close edge following. In combination with a high performance safety system, productivity is not compromised when cleaning, close to edges. Because of the tight integration between our custom safety platform and our advanced autonomy based on Abit bot's existing cleaning machines which are renowned for their heavy duty scrubbing performance CASS delivers serious commercial grade cleaning in a compact form factor.
- Quantify the environmental impact benefit of your product in the marketplace.
- CASS is powered by lithium iron phosphate battery technology making it emissions free. The long battery life and high productivity contribute to more sustainable cleaning. CAS is manufactured using many environmentally friendly and recyclable materials. Aluminum steel, low density polyethylene and polycarbonate comprise the majority of the robots components and all are easily recyclable. Avid bots avoids the use of paint that impacts the recyclable of components. CASS is rich and Rojas compliant and doesn't use plastic pigments or brighteners that are harmful to people or the environment. Aba's commitment to quality durability and long term service mean many years of reliable operation, reducing waste and environmental footprint. In summary, the long cleaning cycle, environmentally friendly components and materials and long product life being cast as reduced impact on the environment.
- What training is in place to protect the health and safety of the worker using this product and/or service?
- Safety is the cornerstone of CASS and one of its key differentiators designed to ie 6508 CASS operates safely and securely our custom safety platform ensures operator and guest safety at all times. With minimal training. Our factory trained team is there from deployment through the life of the robot quickly training. The cleaning team is one of our primary goals during robot deployment. This includes comprehensive operator training on robot educational videos, readily accessible on cas and resource manuals and guides. Additional resources are available for avid bot's customer success. Avid Bots creates expert design cleaning plans for the robot that meet each customer's specific needs. Avid bots, remote assistance service supports every CAS robot 24 7, 365 with a dedicated avid bots team who are on standby in real time. Should an issue occur? Our experts can remotely assist CASS in getting back on track using the on board sensors.
- Product Wrap Up...
- thanks for taking the time to learn a little bit about CASS, avid Bot's new state of the art autonomous floor scrubbing robot Stop by Booth number 837 at the ISS. A show to learn more about how CASS can make your cleaning operations safer, more productive and more sustainable.